In observance of the 9/11 National Day of Service and Remembrance, United Community is committed to paying tribute to the victims and heroes of that fateful day throughout its six-state reach in the Southeast. United bankers are remembering the armed forces, first responders, and countless others’ acts of service to defend our nation’s freedom.
"It's our mission to contribute to a better world, and our team eagerly embraces the opportunity to acknowledge the heroes within our own communities. We take pride in our participation in this National Day of Service. It’s an honor that reflects our shared dedication to bettering our communities and making a meaningful impact,” said Greer Anderson, Regional Banking Manager of Coastal Georgia and Co-Chair for United’s Together for Good Council, a volunteer group of employees that encourages community service throughout the bank and leads the coordinated service efforts.
For the third consecutive year, United Community encourages its employees to either initiate acts of service in their communities or join projects led by the Together for Good Council. The United Community Bank Foundation will also contribute a total of $25,000 to local organizations that provide support to first responders.
Local activities and donations are driven by team members across the bank’s service area and include:
• Donating to the Cheatham County Firefighters Association, East Roane County Fire Department, Maury County Association of School Resource Officers, Officer Moats Foundation, and the Williamson County Rescue Squad
• Donating to the Anderson County Sherriff’s Foundation, Deputy Roger Rice Fide on Fund, Low Country Firefighter Support Team, and the National Fallen Firefighters Greenville City /11 Memorial Stair Climb
• Donating to the Charlotte Regional Fire Foundation, Jackson County Rescue Squad, STAND T.A.L.L, Swain County Rescue Squad Inc., and the United Community Bank First Responders Fund
• Donating to the Cobb County Public Safety Foundation, Blairsville Shop with a Cop, Georgia Firefighters Burn Foundation, Lake Burton Civic Foundation, Mission Bartow, and the 200 Club of Savannah
• Donating to the Gary Sinise Foundation – Central Florida Chapter and the Gold Shield Foundation
Billy Hyde, President of Gilmer County, Ga., and Co-Chair of the Together for Good Council reinforced the bank's commitment to making a positive impact. He said, "At United Community, we believe in the collective strength of doing good. We encourage our teams to discover ways to positively affect others throughout the year and are honored to participate in the National Day of Service and Remembrance."
About United Community Banks, Inc.
United Community Banks, Inc. (NASDAQ: UCBI) is a top 100 U.S. financial institution with $26.1 billion in assets as of June 30, 2023, and through its subsidiaries, provides a full range of banking, wealth management and mortgage services. United Community Banks, Inc. is the financial holding company for United Community Bank (“United Community”) which has 212 offices across Alabama, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee, as well as a national SBA lending franchise and a national equipment financing subsidiary. United Community is committed to improving the financial health and well-being of its customers and ultimately the communities it serves. Among other awards, United Community is a nine-time winner of the J.D. Power award that ranked the bank #1 in customer satisfaction with consumer banking in the Southeast and was recognized in 2023 by Forbes as one of the World’s Best Banks and one of America’s Best Banks. The bank is also a multi-award recipient of the Greenwich Excellence Awards, including the 2022 awards for Small Business Banking-Likelihood to Recommend (South) and Overall Satisfaction (South), and was named one of the "Best Banks to Work For" by American Banker in 2022 for the sixth consecutive year. Additional information about United can be found at www.ucbi.com.
SCBIZtv is part of the SC Biz News family, serving 100,000 high-level business execs throughout South Carolina. Click for more from SCBIZtv.