Greenville, SC – May 2nd, 2021 – Upstate SC LGBT+ Chamber officially launches Summer 2021
Founded in 2020 amid the challenges of the global pandemic, and with the voluntary support of dozens of local LGBT+ professionals, the Upstate SC LGBT+ Chamber’s website (https://upstatelgbt.org/) launches May 3, 2021 for open membership. Co-Founder, Nathan Brown, says “The Upstate SC LGBT+ Chamber has been created to fill a long-absent voice of advocacy for the Upstate LGBT+ business community.” As South Carolina’s first official affiliate of the National LGBT Chamber of Commerce (https://www.nglcc.org/), this local Chamber is rewriting the narrative of the queer intersectional experience in the region, to create a stronger, healthier community based on the shared appreciation for the diversity that defines and enhances us all. The Chamber is for LGBT+ professionals and allies who understand that diversity, equality, and economic empowerment are vital for any healthy business community.
How the Chamber Helps the LGBT+ Professional & Business-Owner
• Provides access to comprehensive and queer-specific business and legal resources in a trustworthy environment free of hostility or fear.
• Celebrates and recognizes the successes within the LGBT+ business community.
• Facilitates networking with other like-minded LGBT+ and allied business professionals, offering opportunities for connection and collaboration.
• Produces educational events, workshops, and seminars in tandem with Corporate Partners and other non-profits to help members enhance business skills and expertise.
• Teams-up with external organizations to foster communication and collaboration, opportunities advocating for LGBT+ advancement.
• Stands up for positive economic, social, and structural change in the Upstate as well as proactively addresses key business issues concerning our community overall.
• With unwavering commitment, the Chamber advocates for and works to create LGBT+ economic equality.
In collaboration with allies and LGBT+ citizens alike, the Chamber works to harness economic potential and give a powerful voice to marginalized people who may otherwise feel alienated or “other”. In concert with ally business professionals who understand that in diversity there is strength, the Chamber celebrates this diversity and actively facilitates transformative growth for its members, allies, and LGBT+ individuals.
Members may include LGBT+ allies, professionals, and business owners who reside or do business in the 10-county region of the Upstate (Abbeville, Anderson, Cherokee, Greenville, Greenwood, Laurens, Oconee, Pickens, Spartanburg, Union). Memberships are available for individuals, businesses, and corporate partners with various benefits and sponsorship opportunities.
With the release of a new website, the Upstate SC LGBT+ Chamber is now accepting applications for membership, business partnership, and donations for the Founder’s Circle.
SCBIZtv is part of the SC Biz News family, serving 100,000 high-level business execs throughout South Carolina. Click for more from SCBIZtv.