What are your ethical and legal responsibilities to your customers and clients in today’s digital world? This question has become increasingly important as more employees are working from home.
On Tuesday, June 9, the University of South Carolina School of Law Cybersecurity Legal Task Force will host, “Pandemic Cybersecurity, Ethics, and Loss Prevention: Finding a New Normal,” a webinar that will answer that question and provide real-world solutions to help protect you, your business, your clients, and their confidential information from viruses, hackers, phishing, ransomware, and other threats.
Topics will cover:
• Ethical and legal requirements to protect confidential information, plus pointers for doing so, whether at work or the “home office”
• Telltale signs of phishing and other ransomware attempts
• What you should do if you lose your phone or laptop
• What to do if a cyberattack is successful
• Ruth Hill Bro, Privacy/Cybersecurity Attorney; Co-Chair, American Bar Association Cybersecurity Legal Task Force
Bro has focused her legal career on advising companies on privacy and information management strategy, cybersecurity, global compliance, e-workplace, and e-business issues. She has more than 90 published works on these topics.
• Lucian T. Pera, Partner, Adams & Reese LLP
Pera’s extensive work in the field of legal ethics and professional responsibility has resulted in his election, both locally in Tennessee and nationally, to bar association leadership positions. He regularly provides expert witness testimony in matters concerning legal ethics.
• Karen Painter Randall, Chair, Cybersecurity and Data Privacy, Connell Foley LLP; Director, U. of S.C. School of Law Cybersecurity Legal Task Force
Randall serves as a “breach response coach,” representing clients in complex litigation and regulatory compliance and defense matters involving cybersecurity, data protection and privacy, social media, and professional liability.
Tuesday, June 9, 2020
12 – 1:30 p.m.
Approved for 1.5 hours of Ethics CLE credit
Co-sponsored by the ABA Cybersecurity Legal Task Force
Register today to learn practical, tangible steps to keep your business safe:
Can’t attend the live session? You should still register, and we’ll send you a recording after the presentation that you can watch at your convenience.
For more information, contact Gary Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SCBIZtv is part of the SC Biz News family, serving 100,000 high-level business execs throughout South Carolina. Click for more from SCBIZtv.