Pictured L-R (Gary Brons, Scott Schwarz, Principal Steve Cunningham, Rod Greene and Jason Hucks)
Greenville, S.C. (February 8th, 2021): Kiwanis Greenville Eastside Club donated $4,964 to Prince of Peace Catholic School as they were one of the top 3 vote getters in the “2020 Kids Need Kiwanis” Grant Program. The Grant program was offered by the Kiwanis Greenville Eastside club to the Terrific Kids Schools that Greenville Eastside Kiwanis sponsors. The schools provided us a school project that would provide a positive learning experience for their students. The schools applied and the voting information was given to each school. Prince of Peace Catholic School received over 81,000 votes to provide Chromebooks to help enhance learning in Math and Language Arts.
About Kiwanis Greenville Eastside Club
Kiwanis Greenville Eastside is looking for members as we look to further serve the kids in the Greenville SC area. We meet on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month at 12PM at City Range on Haywood Road. Please join us as we would love to have you join us as a guest to see if our club might be a great way for you to serve the children of our community! Here are some of our service accomplishments over the last year:
• Funded over $15,000 in “Kids Need Kiwanis” Grants to local schools
• Provided over $9,000 in college scholarships to all Key Club members who applied for a scholarship
• Sponsored 13 local elementary schools Terrific Kids programs
• Donated over $4,000 to Center for Developmental Services for them to repair their Therapy Pool
• Members sponsored 12 children for Christmas through the Salvation Army’s Angel Tree program
• Provided over 2,000 water bottles to out Terrific Kids Schools to help fight the spread of COVID-19
SCBIZtv is part of the SC Biz News family, serving 100,000 high-level business execs throughout South Carolina. Click for more from SCBIZtv.