Flock and Rally Earns SCPRSA Best in Show Silver Wing Award, for Total of Eight Honors
April 16, 2019 (COLUMBIA, S.C.) – Flock and Rally, the full-service, women-owned integrated communications agency based in Columbia, South Carolina, was honored with the 2018 Best in Show Silver Wing Award, as well as seven additional Mercury and Silver Wing awards, by the S.C. chapter of the Public Relations Society of America (SCPRSA) at its annual Mercury Awards ceremony in early April 2019. Founded in 2010, the firm serves clients across the state of South Carolina and beyond; learn more at http://www.flockandrally.com.
Flock and Rally and its project partners earned awards for the following projects and campaigns:
• S.C. Public Relations Society of America Mercury Awards, 2018 “Best in Show” Silver Wing Award and a Silver Wing Award of Excellence in Media Relations, Business to Business (B2B) for global tech giant Capgemini North America’s expansion campaign for its first S.C. office, making the largest announcement of tech jobs in the Columbia area in 10 years.
• S.C. Public Relations Society of America 2018 Mercury Award of Excellence in Brand and Reputation Management for the BullStreet District’s Positive Communications Campaign, an integrated communications campaign to share good news from across the district, known as the largest urban redevelopment project on the East Coast.
• S.C. Public Relations Society of America 2018 Mercury Award of Excellence in Influencer Marketing for the Za’s on Devine brunch campaign, for working with influencers to publicize the introduction of brunch service at a popular neighborhood restaurant.
• S.C. Public Relations Society of America 2018 Mercury Award of Excellence in Content Marketing, with the University of South Carolina (UofSC) Office of Annual Giving team, for the 2018 Give 4 Garnet campaign, a one-day giving event that raised over $3 million. (The 2019 campaign was handled in-house at UofSC and was a huge success, raising over $4 million.)
• S.C. Public Relations Society of America 2018 Silver Wing Award of Excellence in Websites for the S.C. Asphalt Pavement Association’s (SCAPA) “Asphalt Works!” campaign website, part of the organization’s long-term, statewide workforce development campaign, created by Flock and Rally for SCAPA.
• S.C. Public Relations Society of America 2018 Silver Wing Award of Excellence in Media Relations for Government, Associations and Nonprofits for Central Carolina Community Foundation’s 2018 Midlands Gives campaign, a day of online giving to benefit hundreds of local nonprofits. (The 2019 event will be held on May 7, 2019.)
• S.C. Public Relations Society of America 2018 Mercury Award of Merit in Internal Communications for the Columbia Water social media playbook, commissioned for staff training in best practices, target audiences and content recommendations across the city agency’s vast array of clean water campaigns.
Mercury Awards recognize public relations programs and campaigns, and Silver Wing Awards recognize outstanding tactics used in public relations.
"It has been an incredible year," says Tracie Broom, co-founding partner at Flock and Rally. "Our clients are working hard to build community, make an impact, and draw more businesses, residents and attention to our remarkable region and state. We're so fortunate to partner with such a diverse roster of clients across South Carolina."
Debi Schadel, co-founding partner at Flock and Rally, agrees. "We are grateful to have such a talented, dedicated team to help turn our clients' visions into realities on a daily basis. We look forward to another year of growth, opportunity and excitement at Flock and Rally."
The Flock and Rally Team
Flock and Rally is led by co-founding partners Debi Schadel and Tracie Broom. Flock and Rally’s full-time, in-house team is rounded out by VP of Marketing Merritt McNeely, Senior Integrated Communications Manager Meg Stith, and Integrated Communications Managers Ashley Cady, Rachel Carter and Hailey Covell, as well as part-time Integrated Communications Associate Caitlin Dingler, Press Archivist Denise Stahl Shealy, and an array of professionals who lend their talents to the firm’s projects. In particular, designer and illustrator Cait Maloney, owner of Cait Maloney Creative, is a key member of the creative team. Flock and Rally works with clients in sectors ranging from tourism, lifestyle, hospitality and nonprofits to education, tech, business, economic development and more.
Learn more about Flock and Rally at http://www.flockandrally.com.
The South Carolina Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America (SCPRSA) was established and granted a charter on Sept. 21, 1967. From that small group of professionals, the Chapter has grown steadily to become the largest statewide organization for communications professionals. Monthly programming is offered in three regions of the state: Lowcountry (Charleston), Midlands (Columbia) and Upstate (Greenville). Statewide events occur on an annual basis, including the Chapter’s Mercury Awards Banquet in the Spring along with two Professional Development Conferences held in both the Spring and the Fall. Follow @scprsa and learn more: https://scprsa.org/.
About Flock and Rally: Integrated Communications for a Brave New South
Founded in 2010, Flock and Rally is a boutique, women-owned creative firm based in Columbia, South Carolina, offering branding and integrated communications services to clients in tourism, hospitality, the arts, the nonprofit sector, sustainability, real estate development, government, business, education, tech/new media, and beyond. A full-service creative agency, Flock and Rally builds new brands from the ground up, takes success stories to the next level, and keeps clients at top of mind with target audiences, utilizing best practices and hyperlocal insight across a variety of services including public relations, marketing, branding, social media, website development, graphic design, advertising and more. The firm is federally certified as a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise. Follow @flockandrally on social media and learn more at http://www.flockandrally.com.