Countybank is pleased to announce the promotion of JD Nelson III to Senior Vice President, Mortgage Division Manager.
Nelson joined Countybank in 2010, following the acquisition of Palmetto Mortgage. During his time with Countybank, Nelson has led all business development efforts for Countybank Mortgage. In this role, he will oversee all aspects of the mortgage division and provide strategic leadership for the group. Nelson has more than 30 years of mortgage lending experience in the real estate field. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Communication from The Citadel and is a native of Greenville.
Nelson’s promotion follows a particularly eventful year in the real estate market, which has involved historically high levels of mortgage refinance activity driven by low interest rates. The already short housing supply has also been fueled by unprecedented household migration to the Upstate.
“Countybank Mortgage has maintained high levels of client satisfaction throughout this period of adversity, despite operational disruptions and the many adaptations needed to effectively navigate through the effects of the pandemic.” says Ken Harper, EVP and Chief Operating Officer for Countybank. “JD has continued to lead our mortgage team as they have collectively demonstrated resilience and an ability to put our customers’ needs first, time and time again,” says Harper. “We are pleased to welcome JD into this important leadership role.”
Countybank also announced several other transitions within the mortgage division, “in recognition of their hard work and tremendous success,” according to Harper.
• Lori Bell has transitioned from the role of Senior Underwriter to Mortgage Operations/Support Team Manager. In this expanded role, Lori will assist in managing the performance of the Mortgage Operations staff.
• Joe Keaton has been promoted from Underwriter III to Senior Underwriter. In this role, Joe will be responsible for rendering decisions on credit applications for first mortgage loans based on established criteria.
• Layla Powell has also transitioned from her previous position of Mortgage Loan Processor III to Mortgage Underwriter II. In this role, Layla will be responsible for rendering decisions on credit applications for first mortgage loans based on established criteria.
• Heather McGee has moved to the role of Mortgage Compliance Manager, from her previous position of Mortgage Compliance Administrator. In this role, Heather will be responsible for developing and updating the company’s compliance program.
• Allison Hanline is transitioning from Mortgage Closer/Funder to Mortgage Compliance Administrator. In this role, Allison will be responsible for implementing the company’s compliance program.
• Katie Leep has moved from Mortgage Production Assistant II to Mortgage Processor I. In this position, Katie will be responsible for obtaining necessary documentation to process a mortgage loan for Conventional, FHA, VA, and USDA.
• Chase Brewington has joined the mortgage team in Greenville, moving in April from his previous position as a Teller at Countybank’s Greenwood Main financial center to the role of Mortgage Consultant.
“We are pleased to recognize these mortgage associates and are confident that recent transitions within the mortgage division will help us continue to serve our customers in the best possible manner,” says Harper.
SCBIZtv is part of the SC Biz News family, serving 100,000 high-level business execs throughout South Carolina. Click for more from SCBIZtv.