CLEMSON – The Clemson Alumni Association has selected five new members to serve on its board of directors for three-year terms that began July 1.
The new board members are:
- James A. “Jim” Bull IV of Chapin, who is a B.A. ’73 and M.Ed. ’74 Clemson graduate. Bull works for Russell & Jeffcoat Real Estate Inc. and is a member of The Second Century Society in Columbia.
- Brandt Gilbert, a native of Greenville, holds an M.S. ’00 and an MHRD ’02 from Clemson as well as a DMD from the Medical University of South Carolina. He is currently a dentist at Gilbert Dental Group and is an active local board member of the Greenville Clemson Club.
- Brig. Gen. Carlos Hill of Ninety Six, now living in Arlington, Virginia, was in Air Force ROTC at Clemson and graduated with a B.S. in 1986. He is currently employed with the U.S. Air Force at the Pentagon and is a member of the DC/Baltimore Clemson Club.
- Gregg Morton of Clemson, originally from Aiken, earned a B.S. from Clemson in 1978. He is the retired president of AT&T Southeast Region and has been involved in several Clemson University organizations, including serving on the university Board of Visitors and received the Distinguished Service Award, the Alumni Association’s highest honor, in 2015.
- Merritt Sanders Rechichar, an Anderson, native, was Miss Clemson University ’86 and earned a B.S. from Clemson in 1987. She worked at Ricoh USA before starting a print and design company, Merritt & Sons LLC. She is past president of the Anderson Area Clemson Club.
The alumni board has 24 members and is the governing body for the Clemson Alumni Association. Primary responsibilities of the board include general oversight of the programs and initiatives of the association, financial audit and review, the establishment of governing policies and strategic planning.
The Clemson Alumni Association is an open-membership, nonprofit organization. Since its inception in 1896, the program has connected members of the Clemson family, inspiring pride, celebrating achievement, providing service and strengthening relationships. Learn more at www.clemson.edu/alumni.